Aire Serv Heating and Air Conditioning, a Northwest Hills, Texas-based HVAC maintenance company handling everything from air conditioner installation and furnace repair to emergency HVAC needs, AC maintenance, AC replacement, general HVAC services, AC repair, indoor air quality control, heater repair, HVAC repair and residential/commercial HVAC solutions, has been busy in the beginning of the new year placing an importance on carbon monoxide check schedules, focusing on testing gasses coming directly from furnaces to ensure the monoxide/oxygen ratio remains within a safe range.
“If a homeowner or business owner believes that the HVAC system is the source of a carbon monoxide issue, it is standard procedure to contract with an HVAC company to check the system with instruments like combustion analyzers,” explains Chris Rattray, owner of Aire Serv in Austin. “We have made a new year resolution to keep our valued customers aware of the importance of regular carbon monoxide tests, with the easiest way to confirm if these noxious elements are in the home being monoxide detectors, which also include an alarm.
“The aim of these detectors is to act as the last layer of warning to protect individuals in habitable areas such as bedrooms, dining rooms, living areas and hallways.”
For more information visit https://www.aireserv.com/northwest-hills/
Aire Serv is also passing the word along to its commercial client base, stressing to business owners or managers that they shouldn’t take these kinds of risks lightly. As Rattray himself explains, “What many business owners don’t realize is that while carbon monoxide detectors may alert them about a leak and prevent injuries and deaths, they can’t completely protect the business from the outcomes of high carbon monoxide levels.
“Even if no one is hurt because the warning was received quickly, there are still expensive consequences; to avoid these, both business and homeowners need to prevent the carbon monoxide leak in the first place, and to accomplish that, they need to understand a few HVAC safety tips.”
Since so many carbon monoxide leaks originate from heating systems and ventilation problems, Aire Serv can help customers prevent such leaks from happening, starting with the suggestion of scheduling regular furnace maintenance. At least once per year, say Aire Serv reps – ideally before the start of the heating season – a furnace and vents, chimneys, fireplaces and any fuel-burning appliances should be regularly inspected by a qualified professional.
Further, because many furnace repair visits don’t include inspection of the heat exchanger, it is vital that home and business owners verify that this important step is not skipped – especially given that the most common cause of carbon monoxide leaks is a failed or leaking heat exchanger in a gas or oil furnace.
Blocked vents or chimney flues are another common cause of carbon monoxide leaks, according to Aire Serv, with experts like Rattray explaining how years-worth of dust and debris can clog up a ventilation system.
“Regular inspection and cleaning of vents and flues is one of the most helpful HVAC safety tips that can prevent a home or business disaster,” Rattray concludes.
Aire Serv Heating and Air Condition near Jollyville can be reached by calling (512) 879-3281. For more information visit above cited website.
Aire Serv of Northwest Hills
Aire Serv of Northwest Hills
13413 Moscow Trail
Disclaimer: The views, suggestions, and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the experts. No TIMES OF SURAT journalist was involved in the writing and production of this article.